Suspected kidnappers who abducted Adeleke Ridwan Olayemi from his residence in Alapinnu Community, along Ogunmakin Road near Aba Nla in Oluyole Local Government Area of Ibadan last Saturday, have reportedly increased their ransom demand to N20 million and threatened to kill him if payment is delayed.


The abductors were said to have allowed the victim to speak with his family members, during which he pleaded with relatives and friends to help raise the money. According to sources, the kidnappers threatened to slaughter him if the family failed to respond promptly.

Nigerian Tribune gathered that the kidnappers initially demanded N15 million. However, the amount was increased after they asked the family to provide someone who could speak Hausa.
After speaking with the abductors, the Hausa-speaking intermediary reportedly informed the family that the kidnappers were now demanding N20 million.
One of the kidnappers, said to be a Fulani man who spoke in pidgin English, allegedly told a family member that he had recently killed two other victims, claiming that his brother could confirm it.
During a conversation with the victim, a family member reportedly informed him that efforts were ongoing to raise the ransom and that about N2 million had been gathered so far.
However, as of Tuesday morning, the family had reportedly not received any further calls from the kidnappers.



