Hunt down terrorists behind Kasuwan Daji community attack, Tinubu orders security agencies

Spread the love

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the military, the Nigeria Police Force and the Department of State Services (DSS) to hunt down and apprehend the terrorists responsible for the recent attack on Kasuwan Daji community in Niger State.

The President, in a statement on Sunday by Bayo Onanuga, his Special Adviser to the President (Information & Strategy), also directed security agencies to urgently rescue women and children abducted during the attack.

Tinubu issued the directives following reports that terrorists, suspected to be fleeing from Sokoto and Zamfara states after a United States air strike on Christmas Eve, carried out deadly assaults on villagers in the area.

Condemning the killings and abductions, the President described the attack as a direct challenge to Nigeria’s resolve to tackle terrorism and criminality. He expressed deep condolences to the families of the victims, as well as to the government and people of Niger State.

“These terrorists have tested the resolve of our country and its people. They must, therefore, face the full consequences of their criminal actions,” Tinubu said, stressing that all those involved in the attack, including anyone who aids or abets them, would be brought to justice.

The President assured residents of Niger State that security agencies had been mandated to intensify operations in vulnerable communities, particularly areas close to forests believed to be used as hideouts by criminal elements.

He also called on Nigerians to remain united in the face of the tragedy and warned against divisive rhetoric that could undermine national security and cohesion.

“These times demand our humanity. We must stand together as one people and confront these monsters in unison,” Tinubu said, adding that the government is determined to restore peace and security to affected communities.

Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.